The holiday that joins the absolutely beautiful weather and the family gatherings is one of our favorites. 4th of July gathers a lot of people together and there is always a ton of good food. One of our favorite desserts for this holiday is anything with lots of fruit. Some refreshing fruit is always a good idea and always hits the spot, so these kabobs are so easy to make and the kid will love them too.
Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
- Angel food cake
- 1 pint of strawberries
- Blue and White Wilton Chocolate Disc Melts
- Wooden Skewers
- Take the strawberries and cut the top off of them and discard. Then you can cut the berries in half widthwise so the points are still intact.
- About 1 inch in size, cut small squares of the cake.
- In separate bowls melt the blue and white candy discs.
- Put one piece of the strawberry with a point on the skewer first, and then follow with a piece of cake and finally a strawberry with a point on it.
- Drizzle the blue chocolate over the skewers and enjoy the easy dessert!