5 Foods to Eat for a Healthy Liver
According to our lifestyle choices, the liver will function good or bad. If you are consuming too much alcohol, not keeping fit, not eating healthy, then the liver is overworked and this may light to many complications such as ascites, liver failure, hepatitis, cirrhosis, etc. Thankfully, to some foods, you can avoid these or reduce the symptoms by eating these foods.
Detoxification is so important to keep your liver healthy and the best food that can help you to do that is definitely the garlic!
- Rich in allicin (an antioxidant that protects the body from oxidative damages). Aging garlic, or just allowing it to sit for 5-10 minutes after being chopped, activates the allicin. Heating destroys its qualities.
Garlic Dosage for Healthy Liver:
1 clove of raw garlic in the morning, every day
1-2 tsp of chopped/minced/pasted garlic in cooked food per day.
- Contains antioxidants known as betalains
- Beetroot juice helps reducing DNA damage ( by long-term feeding)
- Reduce liver injury induced by carcinogens
Beetroot Dosage for Healthy Liver
- 1 cup of beetroot, 2 to 3 times a week
- 1 glass of beetroot juice per day
- Rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber
- Carrot juice reduces the DHA, MUFA (Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids) and triglyceride levels in the liver
- Protect you from nonalcoholic fatty liver and liver toxicity
Carrot Dosage for Healthy Liver
- 1 cup of cooked carrot every 2-3 days
- 1 glass of carrot juice every 2 days
- Significant reduction in the risk of liver cancer, liver steatosis, liver disease, liver cirrhosis, and hepatitis
Some studies have shown some harmful effects of overconsumption of tea because it contains caffeine, the presence of aluminum and the effects on iron bioavailability. So, it’s not healthful for all individual, so you should first consult your doctor before you consume green tea for improving your liver health.
- Rich source of vitamin C (antioxidant)
- Helps reduce the oxidative damage in the liver
Lemon Dosage for Healthy Liver
- ½-1 lemon per day